Mostly, when people suffer misfortune or go through adversity, it is an indication of a spiritual force operating behind the scenes. The same way angels of God work on behalf of God’s children, evil forces also work (in the spiritual invisible realm) to block people or hinder them from achieving certain things.
Let us take a look at scriptures to back up this assertion.
Hebrews 1:14 (New King James Version)
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?
Ministering spirits are angels, and they operate in the unseen realm to help the children of God.
Another example of the operation of angels, and the operation of evil forces can be seen in Daniel 10: 2 – 14. Daniel was praying for something and the answer was released, but the prince of the kingdom of Persia (an evil spirit) withstood the angel who was bringing the answer to Daniel's prayer, so Michael the archangel brought reinforcements in order for the answer to be delivered to Daniel.
Ephesians 6:12 (New International Version)
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
The following prayers are for believers; it is born again Christians who have the authority to use the Name of Jesus. If you are not born again, and you have not made Jesus the Lord and savior of your life, you can do so now by praying the Salvation Prayer out loud, and mean it from your heart.
You should pray these prayers to win unseen spiritual battles day and night. It is advisable that for the night prayer sessions you pray these prayers from 12 midnight, or anytime between 12 midnight and 3am. The suggested times are just a guide, you can pray whenever it is convenient for you.
To multiply the effect of your prayers, you can add fasting to your prayers. See The Powerful Benefits of Prayer and Fasting
Here are prayers that help you win unseen spiritual battles so that the quality of your life and the life of your loves ones will be enhanced, and you can overcome adversity, and delays.
1. Forgive anyone who has wronged you in any way so that God can forgive you of your own sins.
(See Matthew 6:14 – 15 – NKJV)
14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
2. Ask God to forgive you of your sins, and ask God to have mercy on you (1 John 1:9, Psalm 136:1).
3. In the Name of Jesus, I plead the blood of Jesus directly against every evil spirit and demons operating behind the scenes to cause (….insert the issue you are trying to overcome or get victory over….).
4. In the Name of Jesus, I bind every evil spirit and demons operating behind the scenes to cause (….insert the issue you are trying to overcome or get victory over….) and I command them to be bound with everlasting chains awaiting the judgment of the great day [see Jude 1:6].
5. In the Name of Jesus, I release the fire of God to consume every spiritual point of contact that is being used to cause me harm.
6. In the Name of Jesus, I plead the blood of Jesus over (….insert the issue or name of the person you are praying for….e.g. I plead the blood of Jesus over my work documents, I plead the blood of Jesus over my marriage, I plead the blood of Jesus over Sally Davis and her family).
7. Lord, I pray in the Name of Jesus that you scatter every evil confederacy that is against me.
8. Lord, I pray in the Name of Jesus, send your angels on my behalf to make things work for me.
9. In the Name of Jesus, I release the fire of God to consume and destroy every evil thing, monument, or item set up to work against my good.
10. In the Name of Jesus, let every evil flood dry up now.
11. In the Name of Jesus I pray, Lord open the Heavens over my life and let good things come to me.
12. The Bible says in Isaiah 54:17 that no weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against me in judgment, I shall condemn, so let every weapon formed against me be destroyed in the Name of Jesus. And in the Name of Jesus I condemn every tongue rising against me in judgment.